I like using a bright red travel bag instead of the common black because a cute suitcase really makes the wait at the airport, bus or train station much fun.
Whether it is just a one night trip or weekend trip, I like using my suitcase. Some people rave about how it is easier and less cumbersome to use a backpack than a suitcase. And believe me, if you want to use a backpack, that’s great. I am thrilled for you.
I have never carried a backpack for my trips and the reason why I choose to carry a suitcase is because I like to dress up!
Definitely for backpacker trail trips I will carry a backpack; those are different kind of trips.
If I am to carry a backpack, I feel that I will be forced to pair stuff down to just a few things, which becomes problematic, especially, if I am staying somewhere longer than a weekend. I don’t like wearing the same clothes over and over again and wouldn’t want to be in all my pictures wearing the same outfit.
Using a suitcase allows me to carry a variety of clothes that make me happy, flatter me, and make for much better photos.
My top 5 things I have in my suitcase at all times for a weekend trip include:
1. Facial wipes, Shower cream, lip balm, deodorant, lotion, antibacterial hand gel, tooth paste & toothbrush… as you can see I carry a big arsenal of products with me.
2. Good Face products: toner, cleanser, day & night cream, and cotton wipes. I believe if you take care of your skin, you really won’t need a lot of make up.
3. Lipstick, lipstick and more lipstick….best advice, just have fun, smile and keep putting on lipstick.
4. A good pair of sunglasses. Let me emphasize this point, I don’t know if it has happen to you….you’ve been sitting on a plane, minding your own business and then all of a sudden the person across from you decides it’s a good time to open up the window? Instant blindness! Having your sunglasses saves you from involuntarily flashed bright sun.
Other items in my suitcase include my phone charger, power-bank, and vitamin supplements.
5. Lastly, a camera; and a stunning dress to wear as I take the magical moments of my trip OR for a night out with friends
Final thoughts: By now you know my favorite color is red!….Anyway, my advise regarding your must carry travel essentials is that it all comes down to your own interests and views. Make the best decision for your own personal travel needs.
Happy travels my dearest readers! As always I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment or question below. Thanks xx
This post is not sponsored